Types of photos
There are several types of photos you can add to your business listing:
- Logo: Help your customers recognise your business on Google. For businesses that have their basic information (phone number, hours, etc.), the Business Profile will highlight the logo.
- Cover photo: Set a cover photo to the top of the profile that best represents your business. In some instances, this action doesn’t guarantee that the cover photo populates as the first image for your business.
- Business photos: Add different photos to highlight features of your business that customers consider when making purchasing decisions.
Your business will look best on Google if you add category-specific photos. These photos spotlight features of your business that your customers use when making purchasing decisions. Photos you add can also help differentiate your business on Google.
Learn more about adding photos to your local business on Google
Types of business-specific photos
|Description||Minimum number to add||Tips|
|Exterior photos||Exterior photos help customers recognise your business as they approach from different directions.||Add at least three great exterior photos to help customers recognise your business.||1. Capture a photo from each direction that customers might approach your business.
2. Try uploading photos that show your business at different times of the day.
|Interior photos||Interior photos help your customers get a feel for the ambience and decor of your business.||Add at least three great interior photos to show customers what your business feels like inside.||1. Capture photos showing what it's like to stand inside your business as a customer.
2. Capture the atmosphere of your business in your photos.
|Product photos||Great photos of representative or popular products give customers a better understanding of the kinds of goods you offer.||Add at least three photos of products that you sell.||1. Showcase the items that are most popular for your business.
2. Try taking evenly lit photos of your products.
|Photos at work||Photos help customers quickly understand the type of work you do.||Add at least three photos that are representative of the services you offer.||1. Capture photos of your team providing different types of service to customers.
2. Capture photos of the speciality services you deliver.
|Food & drink photos||Food & drink photos add colour and detail to your menu and help customers plan where to eat.||Add at least three photos of the food or drinks you serve.||1. Showcase the food items that are most popular for your business.
2. Try taking evenly lit photos of your food items.
|Common areas||Photos of your common areas help attract customers who are planning business or leisure travel.||Add at least one photo of each of your common areas.||1. Add at least one photo of each common area (for example, spa, gym, or breakfast room).
2. Capture the atmosphere of the common area in your photos.
|Rooms||Customers rely heavily on photos of guest rooms when deciding where to book their next hotel for business or leisure.||Add at least three photos of your most popular guest rooms.||1. Try showcasing all the different types of rooms you offer guests.
2. Capture photos that truly show what it's like when you are in the room as a guest.
|Team photos||Team photos are important to present a more personal side of your establishment.||Add at least three photos showing your management team and your employees.||1. Show something a little less formal to humanise your business.
2. Show yourself and any staff to highlight your personalities and give potential clients a feel for what you're like.
Add a photo or video:
- On your computer, sign in to Google Business Profile. If you have multiple locations, open the location you'd like to manage.
- On your computer, using Google Search, select Add photo and then Photo.
- Choose the type of photo or video you'd like to add.
- Upload the photo or video from your computer.
Add a cover photo or logo.
Select a distinctive profile image to appear beside posts or review responses. To add a cover photo or logo, use the steps below:
- On your computer, sign in to Google My Business. If you have multiple locations, open the location you'd like to manage.
- On your computer, using Google Search, select Add photo and then Cover photo or Logo.
- Choose the type of photo you'd like to add.
- Upload the photo from your computer
Your photos look best on Google if they meet the following standards:
- Format: JPG or PNG.
- Size: Between 10 KB and 5 MB.
- Recommended resolution: 720 px tall, 720 px wide.
- Minimum resolution: 250 px tall, 250 px wide.
- Quality: The photo should be in focus and well-lit, with no significant alterations or excessive use of filters. In other words, the image should represent reality.
Make sure your videos meet the following requirements:
- Duration: Up to 30 seconds long
- File size: Up to 75 MB
- Resolution: 720p or higher