People actually do take the time to write about your business. This only really happens when the customer has had a great customer experience or a really poor experience.
Reviews help to improve user experience meaning increasing click-through rate and brand
awareness. Here are some interesting stats regarding online reviews:
- 63.6% of consumers are likely to check Google reviews of a business before visiting
their website — this is more than any other review sites (TripAdvisor, Facebook, etc).
- 94 % of people say an online review has convinced them to avoid a business altogether.
- 90% of consumers read 10 or fewer online reviews until they can trust your business.
- Positive customer reviews can increase conversions by 270 %.
Examples for responding to negative reviews:
- Hi [CUSTOMER NAME], we are sorry to hear about your experience. We will take your
feedback on board and continue to strive for excellence. Please feel free to contact us at
[COMPANY EMAIL]. We look forward to hearing from you. [COMPANY NAME].
- Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! Customer satisfaction is extremely
important to us and we're always looking to improve. Your valuable
feedback will be shared with our management team. We apologise for the
inconvenience and hope to welcome you back to [COMPANY NAME].
Examples for responding to positive reviews:
- Thank you very much for such a great review. We work very hard to offer the best
[MENTION PRODUCT/SERVICE] in [INSERT LOCATION]. We are thrilled to hear about
your experience. Please check our website for upcoming events or offers for your next
- Thanks [CUSTOMER NAME] for your review! We are happy to hear that you’ve enjoyed
our [PRODUCT/SERVICE] and we hope to have you back at [COMPANY NAME] again
soon! [BUSINESS NAME] Team
For more information or an in-depth guide, please contact us at email@example.com.
Also see: How to respond to reviews?