Local 3-pack is the listing of three businesses you see first in the search results when searching for terms using keywords like “near” or “near me”.
When you search for any local services or goods online, Google will show a local map in the search results page. You will see three local companies at the top of your search results.
Google generates a list of potential businesses that fit on the search query. The first things you’ll see are the three Google My Business listings. ( same on the screenshot )
How to get ranked in Local 3-Pack?
Business information should have a consistent Name/Address/Phone number (NAP) is important because Google places a lot of weight on having that information accurate and correct. Aside from it, here are some guidelines you may follow:
- You need to claim and verify your business listing.
- Update and optimise your Google My Business profile
- Should have accurate information such as name, address, phone number, business hours and other information that searchers can find correctly. ( Make sure that the hours and NAP you listed are matching the info as same as details in the website.
- Add images of your business like company logo, cover photo, product photo, services, business premises and/or team members.
- Put business description with many of the keywords associated with your niche. Optimise your description using keywords phrases, and potential clients are searching online.
- Response to all GMB review and Q&A. Remember; Most of your potential customers will check your reviews before choosing your company or service.
- Use the right features
- Improve the mobile compatibility of your website
- Make your website user friendly
- Offer top-notch services/products so you can get good reviews
As mentioned above, customer reviews, business information and pictures are critical as far as appealing in the local 3-pack is concerned.
Also see: What is a Knowledge Panel?